is the only place in western North Carolina to stock up on specialty beer, wines and all your homebrewing supplies in one stop. We’ve combined the best of all these worlds with a world class selection and personalized friendly service without losing our laid back neighborhood feel. We’re proud to be able to showcase high quality, hand picked products at a great value. From award winning homebrew recipes to unique small production wines to local brewery favorites we’ve got something for every taste.
"Best of WNC 2013" voting is well underway, and your vote counts! Be sure to vote Hops & Vines "best beer store" and "best wine store" in this years poll. Follow the link above to vote. Cheers and thanks for your patronage over the last five years!
Homebrew Classes for May/AVL Beer Week Special only $35/person!
The next beginners class will be held Sunday, May 26th from 12-4pm. This class is intended for new brewers or extract brewers who want to inprove their skills. We'll be brewing a "Rye IPA"~ $35 pp in advance to insure your spot/
Asheville Beer Week is right around the corner!
Check out our events and many others on their events page. In short, we will be holding a special homebrew night and new brewers Q & A on May 30th, 4-7pm. On Friday May 31st 4-7pm, we'll be hosting an exclucive Oskar Blues tasting with a specialty keg from the Brevard brewery. Special guests Amy Rubin and brewer D.J. will be joining us for a meet and greet style tasting with Q & A. Cheers!
Hop Rhizomes and potted hop plants now in stock!
Hop planting season is here! Stop by our store for the best
local hop rhizomes, sprouted potted hop plants and 20ft twine. These roots (rhizomes) and plants have been propagated in this area and selected to do well in our climate and conditions. We currently have these varieties in stock: Cascade, Centennial, Chinook, Zues/Columbus, Nugget, Brewers Gold, Fuggle, and Mt. Hood. $4.50ea or 10 for $40. Hop twine available for $6 a bundle. Plants available are Nugget, Casacde, Mt. Hood, Brewers Gold and a few Zues! Prices may vary on length of propogation and size. $4.50--$7.99 avg.
Check out some cool new brews in stock at
Hops & Vines! Updated 5/8/13
- Sierra Nevada Southern Hemisphere IPA
- Sierra Nevada Hoptimum Imperial IPA
- Highland Little Hump
- Highland Kashmir Imperial IPA 22oz
- New Holland Palelooaz Pale Ale
- New Holland White Hatter (Belgian Wit IPA)
- Green Man IPA, E.S.B. & Porter in 6 pack bottles! _
- Caldera Pilsner
- Founders Old Curmudgeon
- Finch's Threadless IPA
- Finch's Secret Stache Stout
- Green Flash Palate Wrecker
- Boulevard Brewing Smokestack Series Rye on Rye 12%
- New Holland WINDOWPANE series Fig and Raisin 9%
- 21st Amendment Hell or High Watermellon Ale
- Pisgah Cosmos (Belgian Style Baltic Porter)
- Pisgah Baptista (Belgian Style Golden Strong Ale)
- New Belgium Lips of Faith Transatlantique Kriek
- New Belgium Hoppy Bock
- Sierra Nevada Bigfoot Barleywine 2013
- Bigfoot Barleywine Vertical 6 packs 2008-2013.
- Omission Pale Ale and Lager (gluten free)
- Samuel Smith Organic Cocoa Stout
Check out our "hopsandvines beer reviews" here!
Just click on the beer... note, not all beers reviewed are currently in stock, we'll review a new beer soon!
Stone Smoked Chipotle and Vanilla Porter
Dogfish 75 minute IPA
Green Flash Palate Wrecker
Founders Better Half
Sierra Nevada Hoptimum DIPA
Souther Tier Java Stout
Sierra Nevada Big Foot Barleywine 2012
Unibroue 17 & Ommegang Art of Darkness comparison